Ajax EAC Background
Environmental issues and decisions are of particular importance within the Town of Ajax, as development and preservation continue to be weighed in a delicate balance. Citizens have much to offer as the decisions are being made and the results discussed as it relates to our natural environment.
- To promote the preservation, conservation, protection and enhancement of the natural environment in the Town of Ajax.
- To promote and enhance the Ajax Trails system.
- To assist the Town of Ajax and Toronto Region Conservation Authority with the implementation of the Community Greening Project.
- To examine and comment on Town policies relating to environmental issues.
- Public outreach and education regarding environmental issues (e.g. Environmental Affairs Week, Waste Reduction, etc.).
The Advisory Committee will review information pertinent to this mandate and discuss alternative courses of action as required, which will include recommendations to Council on policies, programs and regulations as appropriate. The Advisory Committee may provide, from time to time, input and support to broader corporate initiatives that advance the interests of the Town as identified in the corporate strategic plan.
Frequency of Meetings
- Monthly, except July and August (up to 10 per year)
- Providing advice on the implementation of various projects such as the Greenwood Management Plan, and Community Green Project
- Maintenance of a relationship with the Durham Region Environmental Advisory Committee
- Reviewing draft policies that will support Town environmental initiatives
- Participating in environmental events and projects as determined by Council
Members / Contacts
- Up to two Council member(s)
- Up to nine citizens
- Support staff : Committee Coordinator (LIS), two staff liaisons from Operations & Environetnal Services (OPS)
Sarah Moore, Committee Coordinator, email@example.com, 905-619-2529 ext 3347
Tim Murphy, Project Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 905-619-2529 Ext. 4209